Senior Retreat 2023

Photo courtesy of Ms. Osmeyer.

Madison Villarba, Co-Editor

After nearly four whole years at NDP, I can’t believe that it’s almost coming to an end. With so many “lasts” to look forward to, one of my favorites has definitely been my last NDP retreat. The Class of 2023’s Senior Retreat was definitely a day to remember and one of many ways that the seniors have grown closer as a class during their final year at NDP.

On Wednesday, March 15, the Class of 2023 started their retreat in the chapel with an introduction and short prayer led by Ms. O’Toole and some of the students. The senior class then travelled together by bus to Pearlstone Retreat Center. Led by many of our great faculty, the students spent their morning participating in various small-group activities.

In one group, Ms. Piper led an affirmation exercise in which students went around in a circle to give each other affirmations. We then broke off into even smaller groups for discussions. Topics ranged from what we’re going to miss at NDP to what we’re looking forward to in college. The final activity was writing letters for each student in the incoming freshman class, including congratulations and advice for their time at NDP.

Then, we came together as a class to enjoy a delicious lunch, complete with ice cream for dessert. While waiting for the final activity, we even had the opportunity to explore the Pearlstone property and see their sheep and chickens.

Afterwards, students went back into small groups to play various team games similar to charades and Taboo. Finally, the Class of 2023 boarded the buses again to return to NDP. Senior retreat certainly exceeded my expectations. It was a wonderful experience and a great conclusion to my retreat experiences at NDP.