Tree Trim 2021

Photo courtesy of Ms. Burns.

Madison Villarba, Co-Editor

Tree Trim, one of the NDP community’s many beloved Christmas traditions, took place on Thursday, December 2 after school. This popular tradition is hosted by the leaders of NDP’s Student Council, CCAP, and AA, also known by their elf names: Jingle, Jangle, and Jack. The day certainly proved to be one of community and Christmas cheer.

As soon as the day started, festivities were in full swing. Students and faculty had a chance to show off their Christmas sweaters, as well as don their Christmas-themed masks gifted by the NDP Student Council. Additionally, there were a few surprise announcements during the day to get us ready for the event. As the day came to a close, students could go back to advisory for a special treat.

Although everyone couldn’t be in the foyer as per old traditions, the space right outside the gateway was a great substitute. Even more so, we were blessed with beautiful weather that wasn’t too cold. Students sat around, excitedly chatting, as they eagerly waited for the event to begin.

Finally, Tree Trim commenced. The advisory representatives from each grade got their turn to put their respective ornaments on each class’ tree. The time in between was filled with corny Christmas jokes and some caroling, including songs like “The 12 Days of Christmas” and “All I Want for Christmas is You.” There were also many raffles, and students in each grade had a chance to win prizes like NDP Trading Post items and various gift cards. The festivities ended with the reading of a Christmas poem and, of course, a visit from Santa.

While the way we celebrated may have been different than in years past, the spirit of the event remained the same. All in all, it was a fun time and a great way to get into the Christmas spirit! We were able to celebrate together as a community and really kick off the holiday season with this fun tradition.

Photo courtesy of Ms. Burns.