A SpectaculAAr Dance!

A group of seniors pose for a group picture dressed in their May the 4th and Zodiac themed outfits! (image credits to Anna Zittle)

A group of seniors pose for a group picture dressed in their “May the 4th” and Zodiac themed outfits! (image credits to Anna Zittle)

Sydney Burns, Assistant Editor

The first dance of the year was a greAAt success! The Athletic Association Dance that is held for the juniors and seniors every year was a wonderful start to the 2017-2018 school year. The theme for this year was “365 Days,” which included holidays such as St. Patrick’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Birthdays, and even May the 4th! This special dance allows juniors to be introduced into their upper class women roles and for the seniors to unleash their creative talents.

The outfits that the seniors created this year were exceptionally crafted and unique! Students used fabrics and put together outfits based around their theme. This year, every single outfit was stylish, well-made, and overall cohesive. To get a perspective on why the AA dance is important to students, I asked senior Elle Sawicki why she thought AA was so unique. She responded, saying, “To see everyone in the outfits that they created, it brings people together.” I also asked junior Macie Pernas on her thoughts about the AA Dance. She said, “It’s a good opportunity to see people who aren’t in my regular classes.” Overall, the AA Dance allows students to dance their hearts out, while also uniting the classes as one.

Works Cited

Pernas, Macie. Interview. By Sydney Burns. 26 Sept. 2017.

Sawicki, Elle. Interview. By Sydney Burns. 26 Sept. 2017.