Tree Trim

Ally Ewers, Staff Writer

It’s the most wonderful time of the year at NDP, Tree Trim!

Tree trim is a time-honored NDP tradition that is loved by all. Singing Christmas carols, eating cookies, or wearing Christmas sweaters, there is something for everyone to love about Tree Trim.

As girls were running around with Rudolph red noses and reindeer antlers made from pipe cleaners, I managed to get a few quotes on the best part of NDP’s annual Christmas tradition. Junior Abby Ewers said, “My favorite part of Tree Trim is seeing how one Christmas carol suddenly has everyone singing, smiling, and connecting as sisters.” Madison Iskra ’17 said, “Tree Trim to me is wearing Christmas sweaters and singing Christmas carols.”

In between corny Christmas jokes, prizes such as a Café NDP gift card or a hand-made scarf courtesy of the Knit-Wits were raffled off. A nice new surprise this year was the incorporation of many clubs into Tree Trim. The French Club read fun facts about how the French celebrate Christmas, the Knit-Wits offered their handiwork as a raffle prize, and the Spanish Club and the Ukuladies performed “Feliz Navidad.” Tree Trim hosts, Student Council President Sydni Thomas; AA President Colleen Campbell; and CCAP President Erin Shoul, kept the energy going with audience participation and even a Tree Trim themed rendition of popular songs such as “Hotline Bling” by Drake or “Sorry” by Justin Bieber.

Now that Tree Trim is over, NDP girls and alums can look forward to the highly anticipated Christmas Liturgy on Friday, December 18th.