Ring Day Miracles

Andrea Youniss, Staff Writer

On Friday, November 6, my sisters and I in the Junior class got our long awaited gold and onyx rings. After the ring ceremony, a group of my friends and our families went out for lunch at Bluestone Grill, and before we knew it, it was time to depart to all of our hair and makeup appointments. We got up to leave and exited the restaurant. The moment that we walked out, there was a middle-aged couple talking outside who looked at us in wonder. The woman who was standing with her husband ran up to us and asked us if we went to NDP, which we confirmed with a happy yes. She then proceeded to ask us what we were celebrating, and we let her know that we were there because we had just gotten our rings. Her face lit up, and she quickly exclaimed as she asked us to stay where we were for one minute while she ran inside. My friends and I looked at each other with confused expressions, unsure what was going to happen. The woman came back in full sprint to us. She had an NDP graduation booklet and an old NDP yearbook in her hands, and she began to explain to us how her mother’s wake had been that morning and how all her mom’s friends from high school had come to have lunch with her family at Bluestone. My friends and I talked, hugged, and laughed together with her as she explained that her mother’s best memories were made at Notre Dame Prep. We all wondered in amazement about how this event came to be, and how we all were in the right place at the right time. Before we left the restaurant, we took photos with the couple and hugged one last time. Even though we might have been a little late for our appointments, my friends and I would not have traded this Ring Day miracle for anything. It just goes to show how our amazing Creator works in such mysterious and awe-filled ways.