The Show Of Many Colors

Emily Grasso, Student Life Writer

This weekend the Middle Level at NDP had their long awaited performance of Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The story is based off the story of Joseph from the Bible. It is a rock opera with lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Despite Joseph originally being an almost all-boys show, the girls did a commendable job in their all-girl version.

The cast, while small, was quite a strong one. It consisted of Joseph, who was played by eighth grader Anna Thrush; the Narrator, who was played by eighth grader Lily O’Mara; his 11 brothers, and more. Just like his Technicolor coat, the musical had a variety of musical numbers. There was “Those Canaan Days” with a French theme, the western themed “One More Angel” complete with cowboy hats, and the Elvis, or Conrad Birdie, styled “Song Of The King.” What also entertained the audience were the interesting costume choices, the well put together set, and especially the lighting that would splash onto the back wall in various colors.

If anyone deserves applause for this production, it would be the people you didn’t see on stage. Erin Shoul was the stage crew manager, and Meredith Egan was in charge of the lights. Also to be commended are Ruby Baden and Maddie Tewey for handling the sound and mics.

Even with the loss of multiple days of practice due to snow, the girls were able to give it their all and put on a wonderful performance. It was a tremendous effort put up by all, and now we cannot wait to see what the girls have in store for us next year.