Blazers to Finish the Swim Season Strong

Emily Thomas, Staff Writer

Blazaswim is in full swing (or should I say splash) and ready to finish out the 2019-2020 season. Your favorite mer-moms are ready to fry the Eagles! This year, the team has a whole new lineup, complete with 15 freshmen.

The Blazers have been hard at work and are currently preparing for three tough meets in a row — Bryn Mawr, McDonogh, and National Catholics. The pressure is on, especially since the Bryn Mawr meet is the last one to qualify for National Catholics. The girls had a mandatory meeting after school a few weeks ago to discuss the plan to finish the season strong. Ms. Byrd’s message: “Come to practice!”

Despite the tough practices and tight schedule, Blazaswim always has time for some fun. On Friday, December 20, captain Ellen Brooks hosted the annual Blazaswim Christmas Party, which wouldn’t be complete without the White Elephant sock exchange. The competition gets intense as girls compete for the best fuzzy socks. With a limit of three “steals” per pair of socks, the game can turn frantic quickly. Some of the most popular socks this year included a pair with a dinosaur in a Santa hat on them.

Please support Blazaswim as we close out the season! Come to the natatorium on Wednesday, January 8, at 4 p.m. to watch us crush Bryn Mawr!