Library Week 2023

Olivia Sobkowicz, Assistant Editor

Yes, it’s finally here. One of the most fun weeks at NDP where we celebrate all things books. This year, the Ellen Norton Cullen Library Week will take place from March 27th to March 31st. This week is all about reading, books, and the library, so continue to read for an overview of the fun week.  

On Tuesday, March 28th, the photo backdrop will open from then and stay open throughout the rest of the week so that you can take a photo with your favorite book. The Scavenger Hunt through the NDP halls for Maria Scrivan’s cartoons also begins Tuesday. Look throughout the school and try to find this author’s cartoons to win a prize from the library! 

On Wednesday, March 29th, we have a special schedule, where we have an author come and speak at our school. This year, Maria Scrivan, the author of the “Nat Enough” series will be coming and telling us about her journey as an author and a cartoonist, as well as answer any questions. She will share with us the inspiration that she had behind the creation of her famous graphic novels and talk about the importance of being yourself. Also, on Wednesday, Ms. Scrivan will also be hosting breakout sessions where she will be happy to answer any questions and sign copies of her books. This will take place during C block. During D block, Maria Scrivan will meet with the Middle Level for a small group discussion and will do the same for the Upper Level later during E2. The library will be selling a limited number of copies of “Nat Enough,” but students can bring their own copies in as well for a signing.  

Finally, on Friday, March 31st, there will be the drawing from a raffle for the coveted Big Pencil. Anyone who wishes to participate in this tradition needs to take part in the 2023 Library’s Reading Challenge: Books Help Us Grow in Grace. There is still time! 

I hope that everyone is excited for Library Week 2023, and keep reading!