Senior New York Trip 2023

Photos courtesy of Mrs. Caine and Madison Villarba.

Madison Villarba, Co-Editor

For seniors, there’s always so much to look forward to during their final year at NDP. One of these is the annual New York trip! Just a couple weeks ago, the class of 2023 returned from another successful trip to the Big Apple.

On the morning of Thursday, January 26, the class of 2023 and their chaperones boarded their buses to start their journey. After a quick break at a rest stop, they finally arrived at their hotel in Midtown around noon. Some went straight to their tours while others began to explore the city. That night, they saw the musical “Hadestown,” a modern retelling of the Greek tragedy of Orpheus and Eurydice. Afterwards, the class split up for a later dinner at Un Deux Trois, Joe Allen, or Bond 45.

On Friday, many had the whole day to themselves, while many others went on guided tours of various venues and museums. The class of 2023 travelled all around New York, whether by walking or by subway. Luckily, they were blessed with beautiful weather all weekend! Some girls even ended up on the Today Show. When it was evening, they went to see “MJ the Musical,” a jukebox musical all about the king of pop, followed by another dinner with the rest of their classmates.

On both days, the students had the chance to go on a tour of their choice. Many went to art museums like The Met and the MoMA, while others went to Madison Square Garden and Radio City Music Hall. For those who went to the latter, they even got the chance to meet a Rockette. Other popular destinations were The Edge at Hudson Yards and the Museum of Ice Cream in SoHo.

Come Saturday, many of the students got up early for some last-minute adventures. Some explored places like Central Park and Times Square, while others went ice skating at Rockefeller Center. By noon, it was time to check out and board the buses, and the seniors finally got home in the late afternoon.

This year’s New York Trip was certainly a fun experience for all, and it’s one that will certainly be a new favorite memory shared by the class of 2023!