French Week: A Taste of France in 7 Days

Photo courtesy of Ms. Caine.

Andrea Barraza, Staff Writer

From November 7 to November 10, NDP had the opportunity to celebrate French Week.

French Week started on Monday, November 7 with Madame Carr and Madame Mortimer serving baguette bread and brie during both lunch mods. The French scavenger hunt also began on Monday with multiple blue pieces of paper hidden throughout the school for students to find. The Wish Tower was set up in the foyer where students could write wishes and goals on strips of paper that would be glued together to create a chain around an Eiffel Tower.

Tuesday was the French Student Luncheon. French students brought in French food to share with their peers during both lunch mods. There was a variety of foods such as Baguette bread and Brie, Quiches, Macarons, and Crepes! The French teachers hired a professional accordion player who came in and played some delightful music.

On Wednesday, there were fun arts and crafts available to all students during both lunch mods. The movie Ratatouille was projected on the screens in the cafeteria for everyone to enjoy while eating their food.

Thursday was the last and final day of French Week. The Scavenger Hunt ended at 3:00 PM and a few pieces of paper were still left out. This year’s French Week was amazing and next year’s French Week will surely be even better!