25th Anniversary of the Blazer Dash

Olivia Sobkowicz, Assistant Editor

This year, on September 25th, 2022, NDP celebrated the very popular Blazer Dash. For those who do not know, the Blazer Dash is an annual 5K, or mile walk, that NDP students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and the rest of the community take part in. The Blazer Dash is a yearly event that raises money for various scholarships at NDP. These scholarships honor those in the NDP community who have passed on.  

This year was especially monumental because NDP celebrated the 25th anniversary of this annual event. The first Blazer Dash was held in 1997, and over the last 25 years, NDP has raised nearly $900,000. This year, we had a record-breaking number of sign-ups of 1,300 registrants. The Friday before the race,  NDP students, faculty, and staff had a dress down day where they could wear their 25th Anniversary Blazer Dash shirt. The halls were a sea of blue. The event was a huge success with the turnout, food, music, and spirit going through our community that day.  

Ms. Osmeyer, who runs the Blazer Dash events, said, “Many of these funds were created to honor alumnae we have lost. These families come back to the Blazer Dash every year and are able to literally feel the love and support of the NDP community. On behalf of the families, and from the bottom of my heart I thank each and every one of you who participated.” 

Thank you so much to everyone who raced or walked that day! Let’s go Blazers!