Time Is Up At NDP for the Class of 2022

Time Is Up At NDP for the Class of 2022

Madison Sanschagrin, Staff Writer

When people would tell me that time flies fast in high school, I never believed them. I thought to myself, “How could 1461 days go by so fast?” Well, fast-forward four years, and I am proven wrong. It seems like yesterday I was trying on my uniform at Flynn O’Hara, trying to think how I would make the saddle shoes work, and dreaming about what NDP would feel like. Little did I know that in a blink of an eye I would be getting ready to go on to the next chapter of my life.

In life, I believe that we get so stuck in the craziness and commotion of all the things happening around us, that sometimes we may miss what is right in front of us. During my first two years here at NDP, I spent all my time focusing on the future, on what I would be doing, who I would be as a person, and how I would be impacting my community. What I learned after those years was that if you get stuck in focusing on what’s to come, you are going to miss what is happening now. After realizing this, I challenged myself to think differently. I wanted to make day each a good day. I wanted to see smiles, hear laughter, and spread love to everyone I met. It was at this moment, that I started to find who I was and what I valued. I surrounded myself with the best of friends, role models, and community that I could. I not only learned about myself as a student, friend, sister, daughter, or person, but I learned about my community, those who have different stories, and how their lives shaped who they are. I learned about what others dreamed of doing. What others wanted to become. Finally, I learned about how I am going to transform the world. I strongly believe that if I did not have the NDP community around me these past four years, I would not be the person I am today. It is because of my friends, family, teachers, and community that I strive to make a difference in this world each day. I strive to make someone smile, make someone laugh, and remind someone of how truly worthy they are.

Thank you to my 137 best friends for playing a huge role in the person I am and the person I am becoming. Thank you for making each day unforgettable and for creating memories with me that will forever be a part of my story. Each one of you has truly changed my life, and I will forever be thankful for you. Thank you to my parents for being the reason that I have this opportunity of such an amazing education. You are my rocks and my light. You have been the biggest reason for who I am today. I will always love you forever and always. Thank you to my amazing teachers. Each of you has taught me so many things. You have supported me in so many ways and I just want to say thank you. Thank you to NDP for being a part of my story. You will forever be a part of who I am and who I become.

Now as I end this part of my journey, I look ahead with so much confidence, knowledge, and positivity to transform the world. I will never forget my community and home on Hampton Ln. I love each and every one of you. Here is to transforming this world together.

Roll Tide!