NDP Gateway

What a MAArvelous Night!

From the NDP Instagram

From the NDP Instagram

From the NDP Instagram

Erin Diehl and Hannah Guanti, Staff Writers

On the very fitting 21st night of September, the giddy upperclassmen flooded into the cafeteria for a super Athletic Association dance. As the class of plum in teal shuffled in their timeworn saddles and homemade ensembles, they relished the last fleeting hours of their final fall dance at NDP.

NDP’s Athletic Association, led by President and senior Margaret Schiavonne, has worked endlessly to perfectly craft this year’s dance, just like the seniors have managed to create their dresses from scratch! The remarkable theme of the evening, MAArvel, was greatly represented as they concocted their own garments to illustrate characters to the likes of Batman, Captain America, Black Panther and Thanos. And, of course, each frock was paired with their iconic black and white saddle shoes!

Before the fun on Hampton Lane could begin, the girls and their guests snapped some photos at their pre-parties in their beautiful party dresses. Then, the Blazers filed into the exquisitely decorated NDP Café to dance to the magnificent music from DJ Mike on the Mic. The upbeat high school students huddled together with their closest friends to sing to all of their favorite songs out on the dance floor. Some of the faculty chaperones from the evening including Mrs. Ryder, Ms. Smith, Ms. Jablonski and more also provided some refreshing drinks to the attendees! They truly helped in planning a night that NDP girls will not forget!

For the next two and a half hours, NDP housed hundreds of smiling, laughing faces. The AA dance was easily the best celebratory party that Towson has had this school year! The following Monday morning, our beloved new Dean of Students, Ms. Kotarides, corroborated that fact by praising the heroic actions that all the young women of blue and white exemplified at this year’s Athletic Association bash. As for all of the scholars at Notre Dame, we look forward to many more successful dances to come with her!

Unfortunately, as the clock struck ten, the magical night had come to a close. Throughout the past four years of dances for the stellar senior class, we truly have seen how far they have come.