Coffee House 2017!

Performers at Coffee House pose for a photo! (image from Anna Zittle)

Sydney Burns, Staff Writer

On Friday, March 17, NDP hosted the annual tradition known as Coffee House! This event demonstrates great service by supporting our sister community in El Salvador. Family and friends of all ages gathered to hear the various talents of our wonderful NDP students! Each and every performer possessed a unique talent that she had the honor of sharing with the audience. Coffee House is a pleasurable event, where you can sit back with a coffee in your hand and watch your favorite performers!

The performances were so great, along with the comedic and playful comments from Julia Habiger and Jenna Thompson. The performances ranged from trio singers, to ukulele and piano players, and outstanding soloists and duets! Some of the songs included were “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri, the Hawaiian version of “Somewhere over the Rainbow,” and “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.

Coffee House is an event that truly shows the dedication to service that our school holds sacred. For just a small donation, students received exceptional entertainment, snacks, and, of course, COFFEE! By this appreciable donation, we got to have a night of fun to benefit a community in need. I really appreciated the hard work that each performer put into making Coffee House the great event that it already is. Overall, 2017 Coffee House was a huge success!