Merci for French Week!

picture courtesy of www.history.com

picture courtesy of www.history.com

Heather Meeder, Staff Writer

What country has a population of more than 65.7 million, or whose flag is blue, white, and red. You may be thinking about the United States, but you are wrong. I am talking about France!

The week of Monday, November 2nd to Thursday, November 5th was French week here at NDP and was comprised of many fun French-related activities. Each day on the announcements we started off with a French prayer and then a French fun fact!

Tuesday or mardi I should say, was French lunch for the French students–one of my favorite lunches of the year. There was everything you could imagine: brie cheese, quiche, cream puffs, baguettes, croissants and so much more! We got to enjoy some French accordion music as well while we sat at blue, white, and red tables inspired by the French flag.

Wednesday during lunch, there were French inspired coloring pages, French face paint, and French music. Plenty of my friends got mustaches, French flags, and Eiffel towers on their faces to celebrate the French culture.

Lastly, Thursday students were allowed to wear French inspired accessories during the school day to celebrate the end of French week. Also, throughout the week there was a contest with French questions, and if you found a question and got it right, you got a fun exciting France inspired prize!

This week has been so fun and has opened the students up to the French culture, especially those who do not take French! Très bien et merci, for a great French week! Thanks for celebrating!