Just Can’t Wait for Ring

Morgan Peck, Student Life Writer

There are a lot of important events in junior year: Gym Meet, Junior Retreat, to name just a few. For the first semester, however, the most important is Ring Day. Ask any girl in the Class of 2016 when Ring Day is, and you will get an immediate response: November 7th. The majority of the class has their dresses for Ring Dance purchased and posted on the group Facebook page. And come Junior Retreat every girl will be sporting a sky and teal ring warmer. To put it simply, Ring Day is a pretty big deal.

A great tradition that never ceases to excite, Ring Day is fun for every girl at Notre Dame Prep. Freshmen are first introduced to the festivities and watch their big sisters receive their rings. Sophomores get a sneak peek into what will soon be their day. Seniors recall their Ring Day and understand the excitement and anticipation that seems to follow every junior when she discusses it. And for those juniors who have attended NDP since middle school, it is a day that cannot come soon enough.

Though it may not seem like it, Ring Day is more than a dress and a dance. Once that ring is on your finger, you are officially an upperclasswoman. The onyx and gold pillars connect you to a legacy of women who have entered and walked out of the Gateway. The women who graduated in ’76 wear the same school ring as those who will graduate in 2016.