Field Hockey: A Winning Season

Kira Bobian ’24 and Lily O’Reilly ’23

Reilly White, Co-Editor

NDP’s varsity field hockey team had an amazing season with only four losses out of fifteen! For the majority of the season, they remained undefeated, so I decided to interview two members from the team, Kira Bobian ’24 and Lily O’Reilly ’23, to learn more about their experiences this year.

What position do you play? 

Kira: Forward

Lily: Defense

How long have you been playing?

Kira: Since first grade

Lily: Since third grade

What’s it like to be part of the field hockey team?

Kira: It’s such a supportive community and we are like a family and we all love each other. 

Lily: It’s like one big friend group, even though we’re all in different grades. Everyone’s so friendly and supportive with one another.

What time do you wake up for morning practice and what’s that like? 

Kira: I get up at 4:45 am. I kind of just get up, and sometimes it can be challenging, but knowing that I’m going to have fun and listen to music with my teammates makes it worth it. But throughout the day I’m really tired.

Lily: I get up at 5:00 am. It’s really tiring and cold, but we all get through it together, in solidarity.

What’s your favorite moment from this season?

Kira: So many. If I had to choose one, it would be during one of the pasta dinners before the game the next day, where we were all eating and talking and laughing, it was really fun. Specifically after the Severn game, it was raining, cold, scary, and they were losing, and one player scored a goal on a stroke, and then we had an amazing time celebrating the over-time win.

Lily: We were playing Northern High School, and we won 5-0. Two varsity newcomers scored and everyone got so excited and it was so cute.

Congratulations to NDP’s varsity field hockey team on their winning season, and a special shoutout to the Junior Varsity field hockey team for their undefeated season! Hopefully everyone’s experience was as memorable and fun as Kira and Lily’s!