Farewell Blazaswim Seniors!

Emily Thomas, Staff Writer

Thursday, January 31, was a bittersweet day as the Blazaswim seniors swam in their last NDP meet at home. We will all miss the seniors very much next year but we know they will do great things in college (and hopefully come back to visit!).

Sophie Peltzer will be attending either Brown or the University of Richmond. She will not be swimming in college, but hopes to continue her success by running for president one day. She says, “I don’t know how to deal with my emotions” about leaving, and I think that about sums it up for everyone!

Bayley Deisher mentioned that she “is not ready to say goodbye to all the people that I just met” and she “loves the team very much.” As for college, she is deciding between Towson University and the University of Central Florida, but this will most likely be the end of her swimming career.

Darby Severe says, “These girls and this team have become like a second family so I’m really sad to part ways with everyone in four months.”

Annabelle Lombardo, one of the four amazing captains, says, “I have put my heart and soul into the team for four years and have made so many friends through it, so it is scary to leave. I’m very thankful for all the memories I got, I will never meet another group of girls like it.”

Sarah Kronsberg, another captain, replied saying that “Blazaswim has definitely been my favorite part of high school. I took the sport I loved to a whole new level when I joined Blazaswim because it’s such an amazing group of girls who I can’t live without!”

To the four captains, Annabelle, Alexa, Sarah, and Kate, and to the rest of the seniors, Sophie, Bayley, Darby, Morgan, Maddie, Sarah, and Enora, we wish you the best of luck next year. Ya yeet!

Diane Waite
Processed with VSCO with c1 preset