The Sky’s the Limit

The Skys the Limit

Morgan Peck, Staff Writer

Last Friday, NDP hosted The Sky’s the Limit Senior Bingo, a fundraiser for the Class of 2016 post-prom party. This hot-ticket event sold out before doors opened. So many students, parents, alumnae, teachers, and friends came to support the class of 2016 while having a great time. Clouds dotted throughout the foyer and the cafeteria, and various shades of sky and teal covered every surface.

In the VIP area, more commonly known as the foyer, the Class of 2016 enjoyed Chick-fil-A platters and conversation with their sisters of sky and teal. The air buzzed with nerves, support, and heat. It didn’t stop any of the seniors, however, from smiling and laughing and cheering whenever a fellow senior got the bingo she needed from the sky. (The screen of numbers was projected onto the ceiling, because the sky’s the limit!).

Our wonderful emcee, Mr. Peri, did a superb job calling out numbers and moving the night along. Unfortunately, he couldn’t always hear all of the seniors’ prayers for the fifth number needed to shout out “Bingo!” The first shout of victory rang out from the VIP area, as did the last one, perfectly bookending bingo with senior wins.

There were multiple ways to win on the night of limitless fun. Fantastic items came with games of bingo, door prizes, raffle baskets, and Pay-to-Play baskets. If those games didn’t end in your favor, you could score a sweet victory for your taste buds. At the Sweet Shop, you could help yourself to a whole cake, cake pops courtesy of Ms. Simmers, or cupcakes courtesy of Tara Tabassi ’16. Sweets galore!

All in all, the night was a success, thanks to the amazing parents who worked so hard to make it possible and to everyone who came for some bingo and some sisterly support.