To the Seniors

Morgan Peck, Student Life Writer

To the Class of Pink and Tangerine,

Some of you I have known since I was a fifth grader looking at NDP for middle school, and then as an eighth grader entering high school. Others I have gotten close to this year, and still there are some of you whom I have yet to meet.

Nonetheless, here is a letter to you soon-to-be alumnae.

It is hard to believe that four years have flown by since you walked through the Gateway. You have achieved so much in that short period of time: a Penny Queen four-peat, the aerobics plaque as Juniors, to name a few. You have climbed to the top of the high school ladder, beating adversities both small and larger than life. You have created bonds that will last for years after graduation.

Time to leave the hallowed halls of NDP and venture on to new and different places.

Don’t worry – the impact of the next step will not be overwhelming. You have the support of your sisters of pink and orange and the whole NDP community. Though you may no longer be a student at NDP, you won’t actually leave these halls. Art, awards, recognitions, plaques, legends, memories – all of these remain to keep you firmly in the spirit of NDP.

You are ready for the next step out of the Gateway.

In these four years you have taught us many things: how to aerobicize like champions, play dodgeball like pros, and raise money like it is nobody’s business. Most importantly, you have shown us the true strength of sisterhood. At the end of the day, you are the champions of NDP, 150 strong.

When you walk out of the Gateway, you will be entering the world as NDP alumnae. Don’t forget that your sisters of blue and white are back here to support you every step of the way.

Love always,

Your NDP Sisters